We can’t keep this hidden forever, so we thought we’d finally give it up — Cold emailing is the marketing technique of the year. Marketers have been using this tool, which many have labeled as dated, obsolete, and even ineffective, to gain a competitive advantage.
If you’re not convinced that this is 2022’s best-kept secret, here are some statistics to cement this idea:
- According to a RAIN Group whitepaper, 80% of individuals prefer to be contacted by sales agents via email.
- As per Mailchimp’s 2022 email marketing statistics and industry benchmarks, marketing email open rates range from 15-28%.
- Woodpecker has observed that implementing email sequences more than three emails long can triple reply rates.
With the stage set, let’s explore Hypergen’s three top secrets to supercharge your cold emailing results.
Secret 1- Warm Up Your Inbox Before Cold Emailing
The act of establishing a reputation for a freshly generated email account is referred to as “warming up an inbox.” Email addresses have both a domain reputation and an internet protocol (IP) reputation. The former relates to the reputation of a particular inbox, whilst the latter refers to all email accounts connected to a particular domain.
Suppose one attempts to implement a cold emailing outreach campaign before a new inbox has warmed up. In that case, it is likely that these emails will end up in spam folders across the board, subsequently diminishing the reputation of the domain and sender address.
There are a couple of steps that organizations can take to mitigate this. Firstly, it is critical that a company does not use its primary domain for cold emailing – This is a surefire way to ruin its IP reputation. Instead, businesses should register alternative domains specifically for cold outreach. Secondly, once these domains are set up with their associated sender addresses, these inboxes can finally be “warmed up.” Strategies for this include signing up for online newsletters from reputable companies (think The Economist), using free tools such as Gmass or QuickMail, and gradually scaling your cold emailing operation.
Secret 2 – Write Cold Email Copy That Converts
There are four key principles that companies can adhere to write winning cold email copy:
- Personalization – Using personalization fields for names and companies leads to improve results. Comprehensive personalization can lead to open rates of up to 70%.
- Grab attention – Addressing the recipient by the name or name of their company, or using a catchy subject line is a recipe for success. In fact, around 33% of people will open emails with eye-catching subject lines.
- Offer value – Communicate why using your product or service will benefit the prospective client. Cold emailing is the platform where being client-centric is crucial.
- Sell the end product or service – Don’t harp on about the train ride. Rather, focus on the destination where your brand will take the customer.
Secret 3 – Define Your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
If you don’t know who you are targeting with your cold email outreach, how can you know how to craft the prerequisite copy and campaigns?
An ICP defines an organization’s preferred customer market segment by industry, revenue, location, size, age, profit margin, values, risk appetite, or any other useful segmentation factor. Once you have defined an ICP, it is a lot easier to formulate your offering/solution in a way that is likely to resonate with prospective leads. Furthermore, and perhaps even more fundamentally, now you know who to email.
Do You Just Want Leads And Meetings?
You might think that all of this sounds like hard work. Trust us, you’re right! However, we relish closing our clients’ meetings with their dream customers! Our cold emailing process has secured meetings with leading organizations, including Netflix, Reebok, SAP, Lego, Verizon, Salesforce, VaynerMedia, and more.
If you’re ready to target 3,000 – 6,000 contacts in your first month and at an open rate of 50% or more, book a meeting with Hypergen [insert meeting link]. We can’t wait to start this journey of success alongside you.